Electrical Systems Engineer
Electro-Active Technologies is seeking an Intermediate-level Electrical Engineer to start immediately to assist with systems engineering of electrochemical devices for production renewable hydrogen production via an electrolysis process. Experience in electrochemical systems, stack management, renewable energy harvesting, efficient electrical supply are desirable. Electro-Active is developing a new generation of hydrogen production systems combining electrical energy with chemical energy from waste to develop novel sustainable solutions. This is an important goal for clean cities of the future and state environmental managers. California and states along the East Coast have upcoming targets for clean fuel production, a vision Electro-Active plans to support.
- Develop power management/controller system for stacks of cells; assist in component selection, hardware build, test/debugging of system.
- Design and implement process control systems for bioelectrochemical systems
- Determine configurations for efficient delivery of variable, low voltage power supply to cells.
- Ensure electrical safety, monitoring and engineering controls for electrolysis systems.
- BS in relevant engineering discipline (electrical, mechanical, chemical)
- Two to five years of experience in hardware design, systems engineering, power management for electrochemical devices [relevant co-op, internship, or thesis experience will be considered for new graduates]
- Knowledge of sensors and process control to manage electrolysis systems
- Prototyping and hardware development experience
- Fuel cell, electrolysis or other electrochemical system design and test experience
- ME/MS in relevant engineering discipline (electrical, mechanical, chemical)
- Interest in working in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment with an innovative mindset
Interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Location: Knoxville, TN. Relocation package will be provided. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates with less experience may be considered for internship positions.